Before summer vacation gets under way, make sure your child has learned these important walking safety tips:
- Walk on the sidewalk if there is one;
- If there is no sidewalk and you must walk on the road, be sure to walk facing traffic;
- Before crossing the street, always Stop first. Look left, then right, then left again for moving cars before stepping into the street;
- At intersections, always pay special attention to turning vehicles;
- Never dart out in front of a parked car. The driver coming down the street cannot see you. Always check to make sure that there is no driver in the parked car and that the car is not running. Then walk – don’t run – across the road;
The above is for general informational purposes only. Always consult your physician regarding specific medical issues and call Hatzalah or your local ambulance service in the event of an emergency.